Thursday, September 24, 2009

My famous potato skin recipe!

Ok.. So I HAD to learn how to make these since the only place in town that sold them, stopped selling them.. Let's get started..

Ingrediants:
Medium Idaho Potatoes
Cheese - I prefer to use colby/jack block cheese
Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits - or fry your own and chop up
Chives - Optional
Melon Baller or other scooping tool

Ok, First we need to cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise and scoop out the centers as so: (this is where the melon baller is used)
You could also bake them for 30 minutes at 350* to make scooping them out, alot easier!


The next step is to deep fry the potato until done and salt lightly, as so:


Next, cut your cheese to size. I love to use lots of cheese, but I used it sparingly for the purpose of this recipe. Add your bacon pieces and chives at this point:



Next pop them on a cookie sheet in the oven until the cheese is completely melted. Place them on a platter and serve with your favorite dressing. We like to eat ours with homemade honey mustard and homemade ranch dip. I am the only one that eats sour cream in the house, so most of the time that gets left out. But I LOVE it with these!!

EAT UP!:



These freeze well! Put them in freezer safe bags. They store for several months.. I just prefer to have them fresh out of the oven.. Most of the time I dont have any left over to freeze :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know I plan on going WAY overboard this weekend and making these... Hubby will enjoy these with the football game. :)

    ReplyDelete