Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Canning Beef Broth and Chicken Broth

My first canner explosion! Yes, nearly scared me to death! I had jello legs for a long while afterwards. But it was my mistake. I didn't tighten down 2 of the screw down handles, I didn't think it would matter since I screwed  down the other 4.. Follow directions people! Don't cut corners because you're tired and ready to finish. This could have been serious! Thank goodness I wasn't beside it. I would have definitely gotten burnt because of my stupid mistake. Yes, I was a little hesistant to continue, But I love doing it, so I got right back in the saddle.. The weight is jiggling away as I type :) Beautiful sound to my ears...
So yea, The last 3 days have been busy for me. I was able to spend some time in the kitchen canning up some beef and chicken broth. First time ever canning it. Normally I would put the cooled broth in freezer bags and freeze it. But my freezer has been filling up pretty quickly with the grab and go meals that I have been putting in it. I just pulled one of the recipes from the internet. Got it from freshpreserving website...

No comments:

Post a Comment